Monday, February 27, 2012

For such a beastly month as February, twenty-eight days as a rule are plenty

February! What a month! Ugh. For being so short, it sure has a way of dragging on. I really haven't been doing too much interesting stuff, besides researching and thinking about my dissertation. Which is actually really exciting for me, but it means that I am much less inclined to do research and writing for my two summative essays which are coming up. Sigh. Why can't we just jump into the dissertations, yet?? (I'm sure, come July, I will be cursing vernacular buildings with a passion.)(Though that's another post entirely... I'm not sure if I've discussed the dissertation here yet?)

So not much to report, though I thought I would share this amusing photo with you:


My tea collect just keeps growing and growing... I think it's because the Twinings boxes £1.19, so when ever the winter blahs threaten to take over, I just buy a box of tea instead. Also, York has brought about a lot of changes in me, making me a more confident, social person, but I think the biggest change so far is the way I take my tea. I don't know if it's a sign of sheer laziness or something deeper, but I now forgo the sugar in my tea, in favour of just milk. I know, I know! I'm sorry! I just like it better that way!

Also, have a picture of Lincoln Cathedral. We went to Lincoln as a class a couple of weeks ago, and ended up spending more time on the bus than we did in the city. Poor planning! But I really, really want to go back, now!

Pretty!

1 comment:

Mary Chmielowiec said...

Hi Becca,
Talked to your Mom and said I was going to wish you a happy birthday only to find out that I had the wrong date on my calander. I can't blame it on the move, since I had put the date in last year, but--- life happens.

My life is in tatters, I can't find anything, and ADD is constantly getting in the way of accomplishing anything. I see that you enjoyed Lincoln. Aunt Janet and I stopped there when we were in the UK in 1999. Seems like ages ago, but we sure had a good time for one week.

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ,belatedly, and much love from

G'MA
A