Sunday, February 7, 2010

Coming Soon to a Theater Near You

So I think I'm going to start posting again. Unfortunately, I'm not going on some crazy adventure in Europe or South America or anything. No, the most exciting part of my life is my new practicum in the archives of Lewis and Clark.
Yeah, I'm that cool.
Along with my roommate, I'm processing a collection from a local Portland family active from the mid 19th century to the mid 20th century. We have Bibles, school books, letters, more Bibles, periodicals, photographs, more Bibles, a bonnet, and other stuff we don't even know about yet.
I'd like to begin to articulate what I think about history and how even this kind of history is important. And it will be good practice for my thesis! (Ah my thesis, ever looming like a frightening spectre in the dark, waiting to swallow me whole.)
So stay tuned, and I'll walk you through our awesome special collections archives and the cool things that I get to work with three times a week! I promise I'll try and make it interesting! If I can't see it to the internet, how will I ever make it in the big leagues?

No comments: